Here’s a quick, but well detailed guide to Coinbase affiliate program.
The introduction of digital currencies has helped man in many ways due to the easy accessibility of one’s money and also easy transactions with little or no charges which can even be done within different countries.
After the invention of the first cryptocurrency known as the Bitcoin, the diversity in the cryptocurrency market is in no doubt something to be talked about.
In fact, it has given rise to over 2000 cryptocurrencies. Some of which are Ethereum, Binance Smart chain, Polygon, Litecoin, etc.
Without further digression, I would like to open our minds to one of the most trusted and biggest cryptocurrency platforms, Coinbase.
Although we won’t be talking much about Coinbase alone. Most importantly, this article would be focused on the Coinbase Affiliate Program.
- 1 What is Coinbase?
- 2 Coinbase Affiliate Program – The Ultimate Review
- 3 What Type of Products Can you Promote on the Coinbase Affiliate Program?
- 4 Commision rate of the Coinbase Affiliate Program
- 5 Can you make $1000 monthly from the Coinbase Affiliate Program?
- 6 Cookie Duration of Coinbase Affiliate Program
- 7 How do you receive payments on Coinbase Affiliate Program?
- 8 How to Sign up as an Affiliate on Coinbase Affiliate Program
- 9 Pros and Cons of Coinbase Affiliate Program
- 10 Final Thoughts
What is Coinbase?
Founded in June 2012 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam, Coinbase is one of the biggest if not the biggest cryptocurrency platforms.
Generally, Coinbase is an online cryptocurrency platform where you can buy, sell and exchange cryptocurrency.
And as of March 2021, Coinbase attained the top spot for the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the United States by trading volume according to Wikipedia.
Coinbase has no specific headquarter but currently, they have over 1200 employees.
Coinbase security –
If you are a cryptocurrency enthusiast and you are having a doubt about using the Coinbase cryptocurrency platform, I hope you are ready for enlightenment because this piece of information should clear your doubt!
Worrying about the safety of your cryptos should be the last thing to think about when dealing with Coinbase.
This is because, an alleged 98% of Coinbase customers’ cryptos are stored offline where hackers or cybercriminals will not be able to access.
Coinbase Affiliate Program – The Ultimate Review
In the normal trading world, we have the distributive chain where you have the producer, wholesaler, retailer, and the consumers.
The middlemen which are the wholesalers and retailers help to facilitate the sales of goods by creating awareness in the minds of the consumers.
An Affiliate marketer also does the job of a middleman but in a modernized way that involves less stress.
Well, Good to know, Coinbase has decided to leverage the potentials of affiliate marketing.
Coinbase now has an affiliate program, a well established, if should add.
It’s even on our list of affiliate programs that pay daily
Following the norms of affiliate programs, Coinbase affiliate program is a marketing strategy that aims to let affiliate marketers earn while they promote services on Coinbase.
Unlike other affiliate programs such as (Fiverr Affiliate Program, Lowe’s Affiliate Program & Walmart Affiliate Program ) where you promote the sales of goods and obtain commission for a complete sale, the Coinbase affiliate program tends to be distinct.
Coinbase Affiliate Program involves the referral of cryptocurrency buyers.
But this time around, you don’t even earn by making referrals directly.
Rather you do earn by transactions made my your referrals. Sounds interesting, right?
Just keep reading…
The program is quite easy and straight forward to join, unlike AliExpress Affiliate Program.
As much as you’ve registered on Coinbase.com and you’ve passed the necessary process for approval then you are good to go.
As a blogger, vlogger, social media owner, and even an affiliate marketer, you can embed your referral links in your content and earn money for every successful referral.
Coinbase affiliate program is officially hosted on Impact radius.
So, Impact radius handles everything, from the A to the Z of the affiiliate program.
In other words, the registration system, progress reports, and payment cycle is handled by Impact.
Well, thanks to the fact Impact radius is a trusted platform with good reputation.
However, It’s worth noting that you can find Coinbase affiliate program in a bunch of other affiliate networks like Flexoffers.
But, in rare cases the information and policy in the official affiliate network tend to differ.
That’s why important you stick to Impact.
What Type of Products Can you Promote on the Coinbase Affiliate Program?
Does Coinbase match our “3 P’s search” of joining an affiliate program?
Product Variety –
While in Coinbase Affiliate Program, there are not much things to promote.
There are no much variety as the program suggest.
But think of it, what else do you need to promote rather than referrals.
Basically, it has only one product and that is referring customers.
However, you won’t even earn by referring customers, but rather, by the transactions the customers carry out.
Product Authenticity –
The Coinbase Affiliate Program is from a trusted hands – one of the mostly used cryptocurrency platforms.
And the best for that matter
If you’ve been in the affiliate marketing industry for sometime now, then you should know the impact of a big brand.
In fact, as I do say, a trusted brand can be difference between a successful Affiliate marketer and an unsuccessful one.
Product Relevance –
Well, this section is up to you.
If you find Coinbase relevant to you, your audience and niche, at large, you can go ahead promoting it.
But if not, it makes no sense promoting an cryptocurrency affiliate program on a fashion site.
Commision rate of the Coinbase Affiliate Program
Why join an affiliate program, when the commission rate isn’t favourable?
Well, let’s see if Coinbase is actually favourable. Although, it’s always based on preference.
After successful registration as an Affiliate in the Coinbase Affiliate program, you get to earn a 50% commission on all the transaction fees incurred from the people who registered through your affiliate link.
It’s worth noting that this is a recurring commission that would last for the first three months of a customer’s registration.
This means that if Coinbase makes $100 from the transaction fees of the people you’ve referred, you will be receiving $50.
That sounds cool, right?
Now, you might be wondering about the fees Coinbase has imposed on all transactions.
This is a breakdown of the fees Coinbase receive for every transaction
- A fee of $0.99 is imposed on transactions less or equal to $10
- A fee of $1.49 is imposed on transactions greater than $10 but less than or equal to $25
- A fee of $1.99 is imposed on transactions greater than $25 but less than or equal to $50
- A fee of $2.99 is imposed on transactions greater than $50 but less than or equal to $200
- For every transaction of more than $200, Coinbase charges a variable fee which is 1.49% of the transaction.
So for instance, if a customer who registered through your affiliate link purchase cryptocurrencies worth $2000
Coinbase will make a total sum of $29.8 from the transaction and remember the commission rate of an Affiliate is 50%, this means from the transaction fee incurred by Coinbase you will be receiving $14.9
This might be little compared to what you’re expecting.
But you can maximize this commission by targeting an influential cryptocurrency enthusiast who will register through your link.
Okay let’s say you are lucky to refer a customer who will trade $200,000 in the first three months, this will earn you a whopping sum of $1,490.
You might be wondering who will invest that huge amount of money in crypto.
The High volatility rate of crypto has made a lot of people billionaires today, so who wouldn’t like to invest such an amount of money.
As of today, Tesla has invested approximately $1.50 billion in Bitcoin(BTC) and currently the company is holding 42,902 BTC.
That is currently worth USD 2.01 billion!
Well, this is because the Cryptocurrency world is promising.
Can you make $1000 monthly from the Coinbase Affiliate Program?
Unlike most affiliate programs where your earning is determined by the total number of sales you’ve made, Coinbase Affiliate Program is different.
The money you can earn per month varies depending on who you get to sign up through your Affiliate link
With the explanation in the section above Coinbase Affiliate Program Commission Rates) your earning is determined by the quality of customers you are referring to, and the total number of new users you can pull by your Affiliate marketing skills.
An Affiliate who refers to only one person per day can’t be compared to one who refers to 100 people per day.
An Affiliate who refers to small-time buyers can’t be compared to one who refers to an influential cryptocurrency enthusiast who buys cryptocurrency in large quantities.
So for this question, I will say YES although it all depends on many factors
Cookie Duration of Coinbase Affiliate Program
Cookie Duration has been one major factor to consider when choosing an Affiliate program.
Well, thanks to Coinbase, Their Cookie Duration is quite okay.
Coinbase Affiliate program has a cookie duration of 30 days.
From my view, this is good enough to pull a lot of Affiliates and Cryptocurrency buyers to register through your promotional link.
How do you receive payments on Coinbase Affiliate Program?
Coinbase Affiliate Program is available in over 100+ countries – This should give you an edge that Local currencies and banks will be accepted.
You can withdraw your money in your Paypal account and also you can get paid through bank transfer.
However, this will require setting up your payment method on your Coinbase Affiliate dashboard by adding your bank card details.
The payment threshold is $10 which is very low compared to other Cryptocurrency Affiliate programs
How to Sign up as an Affiliate on Coinbase Affiliate Program
Signing up shouldn’t be a problem since it doesn’t require any Business Certificate
All you have to do is:
- Visit the Coinbase Affiliate page (you can click here to do that)
- Click on Become an Affiliate
- Fill in your required details such as your email, username, address, and your website’s URL.
- After your account has been approved, you can start promoting Coinbase by sharing your promotional link to your websites or social media page to generate more active referrals which will generate more money.
Pros and Cons of Coinbase Affiliate Program
We’ve talked much about the Coinbase Affiliate program, now let us move to the “Benefits” and “Drawbacks” of joining the Coinbase Affiliate program
- Easy to join: The coinbase Affiliate program is hosted on Impact which is known for its simple interface which allows users to register swiftly by filling in their necessary information.
- High security on customers’ assets: Coinbase is one of the most trusted cryptocurrency platforms which has recorded over 56 million verified users as of today. This is because of its high security. The database of all Coinbase users is very secure and it can’t be easily manipulated by hackers or cybercriminals.
- High commission rate: Unlike other cryptocurrency affiliate programs the Coinbase Affiliate program commission is very high. From my point of view obtaining 50% of the money Coinbase incurred through your referrals is high.
- The simple user interface for beginners: As a new registered Affiliate in Coinbase Affiliate Program you did not need to have anyone to put you through as the site is very easy to navigate.
- Low Payment threshold: The payment threshold of the Coinbase Affiliate Program is $10 which is very low compared to other Affiliate Programs and also this money can be withdrawn to your PayPal account or even into your Local banks directly.
- High fees imposed on transactions: The fees imposed on the transactions made on Coinbase are high, compared to other Cryptocurrency platforms
- Poor Approval Rate: Getting approval as an Affiliate in Coinbase Affiliate Program is not so easy as it sounds.
Signing up as an Affiliate on Coinbase.com is thoughtful as the money generated from it can be a side income.
And since it’s from a popular brand, it’s way easier to refer customers.
As a blogger or website owner, you can simply create content relating to cryptocurrencies then embed your Affiliate links in it so you can have people register through your promotional link.
Having good Affiliate marketing skills is all you need, then you’re good to go!